day dreams

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, to make it possible. ~T.E. Lawrence

7.29.2008

generally bad ideas

Life has blessed me with a few comical observations recently. Today, I share my "generally bad ideas" with you:

Automatic flush toilets in a hotel room. Really? Isn't needing automatic flush toilets in a hotel room a lot like needing them in your home's bathroom? I think I can remember to flush and it's pretty sanitary here.

Apple fries. I ate a fast food burger joint yesterday and apple fries were the newest menu item. Here is an idea: serve apples. How do you keep the apple fries from turning brown? I'm curious about the "processing" that goes into making these apple fries.

1 Comments:

Blogger Esprit said...

You may remember to flush, but depending on the clientele of the hotel flushing may not happen so often. The automatic flushing insures that any unsanitary smell that may bother other guests is kept at a minimum.

A classmate once brought in sliced apples from Trader Joe's that did not brown. There are most likely certain preservatives that prevent such browning.

The fast food burger joint should peel some oranges next time and sell them as homestyle orange fries. I don't think it to be such a bad idea. ;)

3:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home