day dreams

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, to make it possible. ~T.E. Lawrence

6.29.2007

Another New Beginning

One of the things I find most amazing about my life is how many opportunities I have to start over. It makes living more exciting. I love it. I've been exploring for months how to "get involved" in my new city, and I can't wait to really dig in. I move to my new apartment Sunday. Here are a list of things I'm planning to try this summer and fall, now that I'll have a regular paycheck:

-Outdoor concerts offered twice weekly by Dayton Metro and Fairborn City parks
-Hiking at John Bryan
-Biking to work
-Helping build a mountain biking trail in one of two local state parks
-Serving on the city Beautification Committee, under the direction of the city Community Development Director
-Regularly doing yoga (which should help stabilize my ever-weakening ankle)
-Finding out what happens at City Council meetings (call it career research)
-(Possibly) Taking a long-distance course in winemaking and viticulture
-Spending as much time as possible relishing how "curly" the humidity makes my hair (tribute to Sararah)
-Meeting quality people to slackline/play frisbee/bbq/do nothing in particular with on weekend afternoons
-Start a container garden

3 Comments:

Blogger Amy Gompert said...

hey, have you found some quality people who slackline and do nothing? i hope you're doing great.

5:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Container garden. Nice choice. Cheers.

9:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You could also include visiting your nephew and neices who miss you and are not so far from your new home. Oh by the way does your watch still chime at 12:50?

10:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home