Bees! Bees!
This post is for Jesse, who I'm not even sure will ever see it, so in that case, I hope that Amy and Pete enjoy it. Let me set the scene...
Twice a week, I go to yoga class. I find it incredibly relaxing and love the challenge of some of the positions. I am particularly bad at Warrior 3, but the one that was given me the most trouble yesterday was Tree pose. Imagine just balancing on one foot, the other foot resting on the leg that you're standing on, with your arms extended straight out above your head. Okay, so I'm standing there in Tree pose, concentrating on my focal point, and I glance away from it for a split second. And...oh no! I lose my balance and proceed to begin the arm-swinging, bee-swatting maneuver I used to break out when we slack-lined. Luckily, I held in my laughter as I imagined Jesse busting out laughing at my ridiculous attempts to maintain my balance by swinging my arms wildly about in no particular direction. Awesome. I needed some laughter yesterday, and amazingly, Jesse was still able to make me laugh, even though I haven't spoken to him in a year. (Jesse, it's a true gift these days, making me laugh. So thank you.)
In other news, there is not much going on. It's been super cold and the wind-chill is keeping me indoors. But I'm venturing out tomorrow for some gourmet food preparation, a three mile run (indoors, at the gym), and possibly a hockey game tomorrow night.
Next week, I hope to have exciting news, but you'll have to stay tuned to find out if I do or not.

1 Comments:
You're my hero...I couldn't ever remove my hand from my ankle in tree pose. It would stay "resting" on my other leg. Maybe that's because it was bikram yoga and i was sweating my arse off. Or maybe because I suck at yoga.
Post a Comment
<< Home