day dreams

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, to make it possible. ~T.E. Lawrence

8.22.2009

I'm out wandering around the internet tonight and I noticed my friends Beth and Terry link to my blog as a "good read." Inspired me to actually write an entry for all you followers out there. Thing is, I don't have too much to say, so I guess I'll just ramble for awhile.

It's Saturday and my last class during my first year of graduate school ended yesterday, so I'm celebrating a little bit today. No, I'm not out with friends or eating cake. I'm sitting on the couch watching television, which is a pretty big indulgence these days. Especially considering we also splurged on a movie this afternoon. "Inglourious Basterds" -- honestly the first Tarantino movie I've ever seen. It was good -- violent, but good. Everyone I went with said "Pulp Fiction" was still better, so maybe we'll watch that someday to see.

School was a stressful year. Working full-time and taking two classes each quarter (except only this summer) has definitely kept me busy. I'm looking forward to having the fall off from formal classes. And I hope I make some progress on my thesis (and my yard!) this fall too. I'm working with a landscaper to design a new patio right now, and a client, turned friend, is hopefully going to barter for a second landscaping consultation in a couple weeks.

Well, I'll try to check in again soon with something more meaningful. Until then...

1 Comments:

Blogger Glory Bea said...

Hello, Miss Caroline! Thanks for finally filling us in. Congratulations on finishing your first year of grad classes!!! Maybe you can carve some time out to see us again :)

9:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home